Volcano Preparedness Exercise
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross created an Emergency Evacuation Packing Checklist to help you know what goes into the bag. They urge people to pack a GO bag NOW, so they are prepared in case of an evacuation.
- IDs (passport, national ID, birth certificate etc.)
- Key documents (medical records, wills, licenses, titles, banking information and cards)
- A list of emergency contacts (Parents, put your name and contact info into children’s backpacks)
- Family photos
- Changes of clothes, extra pair of shoes
- Small towel/cloth
- Games or colour, activity books for children
- Food, snacks, and baby supplies needed
Supplies to protect against COVID and Dengue:
- Hand sanitizer
- Mosquito skin repellent
Each person needs to be able to carry their own backpack. During a volcanic evacuation, follow the instructions of government authorities.